Entry visas are issued on a single and multiple entry bases only.
- Single entry (validity from 30 to 90 days) issued in 5-14 working days, in some cases more than 2 weeks
- Multiple entry (validity from 90 to 180 days) issued in 5-14 working days, in some cases more than 2 weeks
Before coming to the Embassy all applicants should submit online application through: eapplication.mfa.gov.az
Single entry visa requirements
Business purpose visa
- One visa application form (http://mfa.gov.az/folder/file/Visa%20application%2005.02.2019.pdf)
- One recent passport size 3x4 cm photograph (with white background, glued to the application form)
- Valid passport (must be valid for at least six months after the expiry date of the Azerbaijani visa)
- Invitation letter:
Invitations can only be processed in the Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Azerbaijan.
The Embassy reserves the right to request additional documentation.
If you wish to travel to Azerbaijan as a tourist, you have two options to obtain a tourist visa: an electronic tourist visa (sent to you via email) and a regular tourist visa (issued by the Embassy of the Republic of Azerbaijan to Japan).
Outline of Application Procedures for Japanese Entry Visas
To obtain detailed information concerning visa application procedures please click to the following link:
For detail information concerning Japan customs please click to the following link:
For detail information concerning immigration procedures please click to the following links:
For detail information concerning animal quarantine please click to the following link:
Regular Tourist Visa
To obtain a regular tourist visa for travel to Azerbaijan, the following documents must be submitted to the Consular Section of the Embassy of the Republic of Azerbaijan to Japan:
1. Completed visa application form
To fill out visa application form:
• Visit the website:eapplication.mfa.gov.az
• Register in “Sign up” page.
• Fill out the “Application form”.
• Submit the application form.
• Print the visa application form filled online and submit the hard copy along with other required documents (http://mfa.gov.az/folder/file/Visa%20application%2005.02.2019.pdf).
2. Valid passport or other travel document (photocopies will not be accepted), which should have at least one clear page for the visa;
3. One passport sized photos of the applicant, taken within the last 6 months to reflect the current appearance;
4. Invitation letter from a Tourist Agency in Azerbaijan or tourist voucher. You can also present a hotel confirmation, which however needs to be accompanied by your flight itinerary.
5. Complete written form for visa application : (http://mfa.gov.az/folder/file/Visa%20application%2005.02.2019.pdf)
Japanese citizen waives from visas fee. For nationals of other countries please contact the Embassy.
Attention! An amount paid by person is not reimbursed in case of rejection of visa issuance.
Electronic tourist visa
A tourist visa is issued to foreigners and stateless persons visiting the Republic of Azerbaijan as tourists.
A period of stay in the country covered by the tourist visa is 30 days.
Papers necessary for obtaining a visa include a document proving that the purpose of a trip is tourism (a tourist voucher, a passenger ticket or a hotel, camping, tourist base voucher) and papers required by Article 36 of the Migration Code of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
E-visas issued to tourists
1. Tourists coming to the Republic of Azerbaijan can obtain an e-visa via a tourist agency.
2. In order to obtain an e-visa, foreigners can apply directly to a tourist agency accredited by an appropriate authority of the Republic of Azerbaijan or through partners of that agency in his/her country.
3. A travel agency accredited in the Republic of Azerbaijan fills in an e-visa application in an internet information server of an appropriate authority, attaches scanned copies of a tourist’s passport, his/her photograph, documents (a tourist voucher, a passenger ticket or a hotel, camping, tourist base voucher) proving the touristic purpose of the trip. Documents are processed within maximum 10 days after they have been received, then a visa is issued and sent to an e-mail address of the travel agency. In case of rejection of visa issuance relevantly justified information is provided.
4. A state fee in an amount defined by legislation is paid for issuance of e-visa.
5. A printed version of an e-visa is not attached to a passport, but is submitted along with a passport by a tourist at a state border crossing-point. Notes on entry and exit of a person are made in his/her passport and visa when he/she passes through a border crossing-point.
6. Norms of accreditation of tourist agencies that operate in the Republic of Azerbaijan and authorized to use e-visas are established by the appropriate authority of the executive power (The Ministry of Culture and Tourism) of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
7. Attention! Foreigners or stateless persons temporarily residing in the Republic of Azerbaijan more than 15 days must be registered at the place of residence.
Multiple-entry visa requirements
Multiple entry (validity up to 1 year) issued in 5-14 working days, in some cases more than 2 weeks
a) One visa application form
b) One recent passport size 3x4 cm photograph (with white background, glued to application form)
c) Valid passport (must be valid for at least more than six months after the expiry date of the Azerbaijani visa applied for)
d) Letter of Invitation processed through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Azerbaijan (legal entities acting as a host should apply for a visa on your behalf in Baku with the Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Azerbaijan and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs will send us the visa confirmation letter)
NOTE: Please note that for multiply entry visa (up to one year) an invitation letter from a receiving party should only be sent via Consular Department of the MFA. Multiple entry visas are valid for 1 year with the duration of stay for no more than 3 months. Foreigners willing to stay in Azerbaijan for the entire year should request temporary residence permission at the State Migration Service (www.migration.gov.az).
Incomplete application forms will be returned.
Invitation letter should include the Name, Birthday, Passport number and period of stay.
It is advised to submit round-trip flight ticket during visa application.
No visa fee for Japanese citizens. To obtain visa fee information for non-Japanese citizens please contact the Consular Section of the Embassy.
Applications will not be acceptable by post.
Business hours of the Consular Section are Monday and Thursday from 10:00 A.M. to 12 P.M.
Azerbaijan and Japan have the diplomatic visa exemption arrangements for diplomatic passport holders since February 1, 2018. On reciprocal basis, visa is exempted for 90 days.
Consular Registration of Citizens
It is advisable for the Azerbaijani citizens who are either residing in Japan or visiting Japan to register their presence with the Consular Section of the Embassy of the Republic of Azerbaijan to Japan.
The registration will allow the consular officers to keep in touch with the Azerbaijani nationals when they are overseas and provide consular assistance in the event of an emergency, to assist Azerbaijani citizen or permanent resident in case if their Azerbaijani identification documents were stolen or lost and for other immigration issues within Japan if necessary.
The registration will also allow Embassy to update citizens on any events to be organized for the Azerbaijani community.
Embassy of the Republic of Azerbaijan
1-19-15 Higashigaoka, Meguro-ku Tokyo Japan 1520021
US Dollar Account
SWIFT CODE BOTKJPJT
The Bank of Tokyo- Mitsubishi UFJ, Ltd
Embassy of theRepublicofAzerbaijanConsular
Acct No. 130 0055633